Wednesday, October 2, 2013

Seeing beyond the surface

Nothing has such power to broaden the mind as the ability to investigate systematically and truly all that comes under thy observation in life. -Marcus Aurelius

As a science teacher, I'm always teaching students to develop keen observation skills.  So when the Clickin' Moms blog challenge of the month surfaced- I had to put those skills to the test!  This month we were looking for ways to humanize the non-human.  I had ideas to use Ally's toys.  She likes to set them up in little scenes and play pretend.  I also took my camera to the outdoors and looked for ideas.  I actually found my favorite- a face in the bark by looking through my camera and focusing on small sections of the tree bark.  All kinds of faces surfaced by eliminating the surroundings and looking at little pieces at a time. 

Curiosity 

 Rage


Wisdom- this one reminded me of the stone carvings on Easter Island :)

If you enjoyed my blog post, head on over to Caristy's blog to see her take on humanizing the non-human. I hope you enjoy this month's blog circle.

Each month I'm participating on photography challenges with fellow Clickin' Mom photographers... You can follow the blog circle by clicking on our links at the bottom of each of our posts. You can also see them directly here:

 Caristy/ Gina / Megan 

No comments:

Post a Comment