Tuesday, July 2, 2013

Millie

This month's Clickin' Mom blog challenge is shallow depth of field.  It's my favorite form of photography- one because it really focuses on details of the face, which I love, and two because it blurs the random stains on the carpet or latest stuff the kids drug out of their closet so background doesn't matter quite as much :) 

Lately my children have been shunning me as soon as the camera surfaces.  When every photo of your kid turns into a snarled face or a "talk to the hand" it's time to give it a rest and find a new subject!  So, this month I turned to my perky little puppy, Millie.  Who doesn't like a web page with a bunch of funny pug pictures, right?  So here she is in all her glorious glory.  Enjoy!


 

 





 

"A dog is the only thing on earth that loves you more than he loves himself."  -Josh Billings

 
If you enjoyed my blog post, head on over to Ana's blog to see her take on shallow depth of field. I hope you enjoy this month's blog circle.

Each month I'm participating on photography challenges with fellow Clickin' Mom photographers... You can follow the blog circle by clicking on our links at the bottom of each of our posts. You can also see them directly here:

Angie / Gina / Megan / Ana / Rebecca / Erica
 

4 comments:

  1. Oh Sarah, your dog is so cute and such a cute little model! Great job! I hear you on needing to find a new subject to shoot! I'm struggling with wanting to take pictures of my kids and it not working out. They'll take pictures for my husband but not for me! :-(

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sarah, Millie is the most adorable subject for this challenge! I love that little pug face and the example of how shallow the depth of field can be when her nose is in focus and those big beautiful eyes are not. Also, I totally agree about the messes not being as noticeable when shooting this way, that's a reason I love it too!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What an adorable model you have this month! I love the action shot of him catching the ball and the one with you feeding the bone. Great perspective!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lol! Your dog has the cutest face ever!!

    ReplyDelete